Build requested

Go down

Build requested

Post  HawgE on Mon May 26, 2008 8:15 pm

As a few of you know, I have been working towards getting an assassin to survivor. I have not had much success. I know that I get too impatient most of the time. I would like a decent build to get at least close to survivor. Any help or recommendations is appreciated. I have made it to kanaing center twice. When I get there should I go to nightfall and pick heros or what?
HawgE
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Build requested

Post  Gwens Arrows on Mon May 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Having never gone for the survivor title i am not 100% on this, but from bits i have read...

go into EotN from lvl 10 onwards, you are made up to lvl 20, not a permanent increase, only whilst in EotN, then start getting your Heroes from there, if it looks like you are going to die, just quit the game, zone out, which ever, but dont leave it so you will die Smile

Also i have heard it that people use their heroes to do the fighting whilst they stand back and direct them

Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 27, 2008 3:09 am

My ranger reached his R3 survivor a few weeks ago, so might share a few tips.

Of course, as a ranger is a profession that attacks from range, he won't/shouldn't take any first hits. But this goes for almost every class that's trying for survivor I guess. So make sure that your heroes are the first to be targeted whenever attacking a mob of foes. It's very simple to do this. Just hit SPACE when targeting a foe. This will make you attack but also direct your heroes to attack the same foe as well. After you hit space just press the Back key so you don't actually attack. It will however still trigger your heroes to run for that foe and start attacking. After they took the first hits, you, being an assasin, can run in and take care of the job without taking any/little damage.

Another thing is to lure foes with a longbow/ just flag your heroes back a bit, aggro some foes with your longbow and then run back towards your heroes. They will start attacking the mob that's chasing you. Just keep running untill you lost the aggro and join your heroes in battle just like written above.

A few side notes:
-Never overaggro. Too many foes can wipe your party, even in Normal Mode.
-Area of Effect skills can be very usefull, since foes don't disaggro fast in NM.
-Watch out for Elemantalist Bosses. If they have AoE skills, they could wipe your party with 2 hits. I suggest bringing a BroadHead Arrow Ranger to Daze (and epidemic to spread it in packed groups)
-Snares can be very usefull, so I suggest bringing a few skills that can cause Cripple, Slowdown, KD etc...

If you really want r3 Survivor the easy way, I suggest doing either the HFFF(hero fast faction farming) in lutgardis conservatory or the Kilroy's Punchout quest.
Of course, if r3 survivor isn't a priority, you can just do missions and quest along the way, as I did myself (I did the HFFF runs to get the last 400K XP tho)
Cantha has always been the easiest land to level/play on, so I suggest sticking there untill you're lvl20 before moving any further.

Also, if you really don't want to take any risks, there's a Critical Barrager build for assasin somewhere. Just Google it and you should find it. This build uses a bow so you always stay at a safe distance from the battle.

Good Luck!

Greetz,
DB

Back to top Go down

Post  HawgE on Tue May 27, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks for your imput ya'll
HawgE
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 27, 2008 3:26 pm

As for builds, Critical barrage (boring, yes but it works) or the Critical spear build (by lord helmos) seems to work well, as youre attacking from range that way, youre not going to get too mutch hits that way..

I havent tried the A/P Build, but it seems to work well, so i've heard from others
http://guildwars.incgamers.com/showthread.php?t=453579
Its actually made for a hero, but i figure it would work for a real player, right
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  HawgE on Tue May 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Thx Yuri, That crit spear looks fun.
HawgE
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down