Beta Highlight

Go down

Beta Highlight

Post  Xuie on Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Sooooo, a couple of days have now passed since the first Beta weekend wrapped up, and I'm just wondering what the highlight(s) was/were for you guys.

I myself found that I'm an explorer junkie, on my Norn I quickly explored all of Wayfarer Foothills, Snowden Drifts, Hoelbrak, Divinity's Reach and Lion's Arch, as well as most of the Charr areas. Out of all those places I think the area I liked the most were the ruins of 'Old' Lion's Arch submerged in the bay, as well as finding Stormcaller in the Black Citadel.

Of course, there were so many other things I found enjoyable, my time playing the Ranger and Guardian are pretty high up on the list too. Not to mention WvW.

So yeah, what was your favourite moment/aspect of the beta?
Xuie
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beta fun

Post  Zilken Zatin on Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 am

Yes, the explorer came out in me too. I know it did with YWW and Platinum Foil too. I started to gather lots of materials to learn crafting but I didnt get very far with that one really.

Theres certainly lots to learn and it would be good to get a broad range of skills and profs when it all goes live.

Smile
zz
Zilken Zatin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beta Highlight

Post  Lucy Snowe on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 pm

my main goal for the beta is to try and work out how to set up my key bindings etc.
during the first beta i mainly played guardian and the controls werent much different to what i use in gw1. but during the stresstest i briefly tried thief with pistols - that means learning how to kite while shooting. activating skills while running was one of the few things i liked about aion.

also, single word names are exciting (at least for me) i have a few names that i'm going to try and snatch before anyone else takes them on launch day. Smile
Lucy Snowe
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Snowe on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 am

a few screenshots from the last beta Smile

half of them were taken right after reaching a vista, which strangely a lot of fun >.>

tinyurl.com/gw2kapow
Lucy Snowe
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xuie on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:48 pm

I didn't get a chance to play this weekend, but was there any improvement in how the game ran? There was a substantial difference for me between how well it ran between BW1 and BW2
Xuie
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

More fun and new Races

Post  Zilken Zatin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 pm

It was good fun. A finally a chance to see the Asuran and Sylvari areas... which were gorgeous!!!!
Did the sprint explring thing again and covered lots of ground. This helped getting XP up and therefore new skill slots.

Once again didnt really get to crafting so suspect gonna be spending time on that later.

Had a few drop outs connection wise for no obvious reason, dunno if it was my ISP (other devices didnt have a problem) but hey ho, sent the crash report either way.

Heres to August 25th!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

ZZ
Zilken Zatin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ya Wat Wat on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:23 pm

I had a few of those aswell z, so suppose it was something in the client.

Yeah great beta again, the new areas look even better than the last. Can't wait to get my hands on the game now, long term aims legendary weapon an all dyes (need that white dye i had in the beta)

Ya Wat Wat
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:51 am

Didnt get to play as much as i want too, (work related)

but did enjoy the new areas, and finally got to check my new graph card on gw2 and must honostly say, they did a very nice job.
It looks awesome!

few tweaks here n there to finalize, (few crash reports gone out)

All in all, them last 4 weeks better hurry up ^^
platinum

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down