Lore School[GWen]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild chat

4 posters

Go down

Guild chat Empty Guild chat

Post  Ya Wat Wat Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 am

When did guild chat just turn into a place to complain about the game, doesn't seem like it goes without an hour before someone starts up. If you really have a problem maybe send a suggestion to Anet, cause i no there is no chance anyone in guild gonna be able to change the game for you. Our community spirit is terrible an i no I'm not the only one who thinks this, seriously this is not guild wars 1 was never gonna be guild wars 1. As has been mentioned in the events thread, 15 people out of maybe 60 who represent have voted on times for doing anything together, does that mean the rest could care less to be in guild ? (tbh I'm not sure), i was hoping a new game a new beginning seems i was wrong. Too many people stuck on past glories with rose tinted glasses about how good everything once was, well I'm afraid to say it wasn't. If you hadn't noticed I've resorted to having guild chat off because of most of these issues. I turn this back on today and there with in an hour people complain after a free event. Well unless something serious happens about our lack of community i fear it is the end of my days here.

Regards

A lost guardian
Ya Wat Wat
Ya Wat Wat
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Guild chat Empty Re: Guild chat

Post  Isopaha (Korae Baba) Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:19 pm

I've noticed a lot of talk about the flaws of the game in gchat, and I do get it. I do that too. But I agree that its rather excessive. People more or less compare things to GW1 and what was better in it, rather than focusing on the better things of GW2 or thinking of ways how to improve GW2 experience...

If you have something that you'd like to see changed, please use the official forums. I too like to back my opinions up by the people I know, so I know its easy to just complain in gchat. But after realizing that something's wrong or you don't like it, you should do something about it. Is it the kind of thing that just differs from what you are used to? Could you get used to it? Is it game breaking? If it is, please do ask our opinion about it and use the official forums to bring the subject on the table. Smile

Its been a delightful change that there's some activity in guild chat compared to everyone doing stuff alone and playing in silence. I think we've achieved good results in guild activity (other than forum usage obviously...) and the only way here is upwards! Don't concentrate on what's bad but rather concentrate on what's good! Smile Afterall, thats the only thing that matters in life. If something goes horribly wrong, you learn from it, and that makes it a positive experience. If you didn't learn, you've truly failed. Wink

Isopaha (Korae Baba)
Isopaha (Korae Baba)
Private
Private

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Xuie Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 am

I was disappointed about some of the complaining in guild chat, in general it's fine, but like YWW it does annoy me when people try and draw everything to GW1, that sort of attitude makes for an unhappy community. Especially because the people who weren't happy with the Halloween event, would likely have complained just the same if it was the same as GW1.

The increase in guild activity in the last week has been great to see, but I hope it doesn't just drop off now that Halloween is wrapping up. However, I think the amount of people that read the forums is still pretty abysmal, and I do try and encourage people, but doesn't seem to sink in.
Xuie
Xuie
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Isopaha (Korae Baba) Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 am

One of the issues of forum acitivity could be that our forum design is just the basic phpBB forum theme that does not really invite people to write. Its also hosted by Forumotion and not us, which makes it a bit more complicated to come here (compared to eg. loreschool.net/forum) We should have as INSPIRING and ACCESSIBLE environment here as we have on the game. Smile

I've been tossing around a thought of making us totally new websites along with a little more inviting forum. I'm not admin on this forum so I'm not entirely sure can you move the database to a new one so that the members, posts etc would stay safe. Nonetheless, I'm sure that we could get some activity with an active website that someone could be updating (like me, I like that stuff) and also a generally better looking and more inviting forum. That could also draw some awesome people to our guild who are active, social and a bit more committed to the guild.

Just my 2 cents Smile What do you think? Should I start working on some website uplift and a new forum?

That would require around 20-30 euros yearly to the webhotel, MySQL databases and other stuff that we need to run the website + forum.

Isopaha (Korae Baba)
Isopaha (Korae Baba)
Private
Private

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Ya Wat Wat Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 am

Iso please feel free to update our site, i would be happy to incur the costs myself anyway for a more inviting place to chat an leave posts for people to enjoy
Ya Wat Wat
Ya Wat Wat
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Guild chat Empty new Site

Post  Zilken Zatin Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 pm

I have no problem with a new site.

This one is in dire need of an update and I know Kite was going to be moving provider for some reason so this may be the best time to deal with it.

Ill leave it to you guys to carry forward
Zilken Zatin
Zilken Zatin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down